Just a stone’s throw from Hermanus, lies Onrusrivier, an Overberg coastal town, that has become a preferred destination for fifty-plussers over the past few years. With its ideal location, Negester Onrusrivier gives you the opportunity to come and settle down in this beautiful and safe environment, between the Groenberg Mountains and sea.
The environment provides residents and holidaymakers with premier wine estates, beaches, golf courses, shopping centres, restaurants, a Mediclinic hospital and much more.
- Shopping: The Whale Coast Mall (3 km), Station Square and Village Square are just three of a number of convenience shopping centres in Onrusrivier and Hermanus (6.6 km)
- Private hospitals: Mediclinic Hermanus, located on the R43 (5 km), Hermanus Day Hospital is a 21-bed, 3-theatre facility (5,4 km)
- Golf: Hermanus Golf Club (9,6 km), Arabella Golf Club (20,2 km), Erinvale Golf Club (70,6 km), Pearl Valley Golf Estate and Spa (129 km), etc.
- Wine estates and cellars: Hermanuspietersfontein (2,6 km), Hamilton Russel Vineyards (6,8 km), Creation Wines (17,9 km), Gabriëlskloof Wines (32,5 km), etc.
- Festivals and events: Popular annual events, include amongst others, The Walker Bay Bird Fair (Feb), Hermanus FynArts (Jun), Hermanus Kalfiefees (Aug), Hermanus Wine and Food Festival (Aug), Hermanus Flower Festival (Sep) Hermanus Whale Festival (Sep/Oct), FNB Wines2Whales Mountain bike race (Nov), etc.
- Airport: Cape Town International (101 km)
Within Negester Onrusrivier’s reach are various walking and mountain biking trails, fishing and diving opportunities, and a diverse fynbos fauna and flora.